The AI feature allows the Artificial Intelligence to take over one or more vehicles, and drive using several different modes. This articles introduces its fundamentals and use.
AI can be accessed and activated in different ways:
- Radial Menu
- AI Control App
- Traffic App
The Radial Menu offers the easiest way to access most of the AI features.
This menu will appear when opening the sidebar, by default, with the ESC key.
Then navigate to the AI button, and from there all AI modes can be activated by simply clicking the corresponding slice.
Modes like Chase, Flee, Follow Me, Random will be applied to all available vehicles except the player’s one.
This app offers several settings to tweak the AI behavior. This app is mainly for advanced users and developers.
Learn how to add this app to your UI in the User Interface page.
The AI modes will be applied only to the vehicle it has been activated on.
Like the Ai Control App, this app offers several settings for to the Traffic mode. This app is mainly for advanced users and developers.
Learn how to add this app to your UI in the Edit the UI page.
These options are only meant for debugging purposes.
- Navigraph: Will highlight all available routes the AI can drive on
- Visual Log: Will highlight all the nodes available
- Speeds Mode: Provides the planned speeds and route to be taken by the AI vehicle
- Trajectory Mode: Indicates the path actually taken by the AI vehicle
- Target Mode: Draws a red dot that indicates the current target of the AI
Check out this forum post for more details.