Photomode allows to take spectacular screenshots of the game, with the ability to adjust various graphical and camera settings to get the best look.
Access this feature from the in-game sidebar’s Photomode icon.
When enabling Photomode, smooth free camera is enabled. Controls are the same as for the standard free camera.
Photomode interface is divided into multiple sections.
- On the top left corner are buttons to take screenshots in various ways:
- Take normal screenshot
- Take big screenshot (approximately x4 the resolution)
- Take Steam screenshot
- Take screenshot and upload to BeamNG server
- On the bottom right corner is the photomode settings' panel. Here are located all the settings, such as:
- Camera settings (Field of View, Speed, Roll)
- Time of Day
- Post Effects toggles and settings (SSAO, Depth of Field)
- Dynamic Reflections toggle
- On the bottom left corner is a button to exit photomode
The filters relies on the Color Correction Ramps PostFX features, and can the selection can be easily expanded with custom made ones. An image editing software is required (Gimp, Krita, Photoshop, etc.)
- Take a screenshot of the game and open it in your image editing softare
BeamNG.drive\gameengine.zip\art\postfx\default_color_ramp.pngto your image, in a new layer
- Use the Color Curve adjustments to do your changes
- When you are happy with the changes, export the color ramp with the color curve applied. Name it as you wish.
- Move the file to
- Photomode is a powerful tool not only for screenshots. Recording clips can take advantage of the photomode settings and smoothed camera by just hiding the User Interface
- Access photomode while using the Path Camera tool to be able to access its features
Some useful default shortcuts are: