Meshroads are strip of rectangular mesh segments defined by a 3D spline. The Meshroad Editor can be used to create and edit these.
The Inspector window is required to adjust various properties of a meshroad.
When selecting this edit mode, two options will appear below the main toolbar:
- Default Width: The width of the road mesh
- Default Depth: The thickness of the road mesh
These will be the initial values for any new meshroad that will be created.
Add a new meshroad to the level with these steps:
- Press ALT and then hover the cursor on the viewport to display a preview of the first node.
- While holding ALT click the Left Mouse Button to create the node.
- Repeat step #2 until to create the other nodes.
- When done, release ALT to finalize the meshroad.
To edit an existing meshroad:
- Select the meshroad by clicking on it. Selected meshroad will display a white outline/wireframe and its nodes will be shown as red spheres.
- Click on a sphere to select a node, then use the gizmo to translate or scale the node as needed. Press Delete to remove the node.
- Hold ALT to create new nodes. Use this to either add new nodes inbetween existing ones, or to extend the meshroad.
- Scaling a node will affect the width of the meshroad around it.
- Meshroads will be extended from their last node. To extend a road from the first node, make sure to select that node first.
- Press Delete when the entire meshroad is selected to remove it entirely.
- It is possible to copy & paste properties from one meshroad to another by simply selecting each and respectively pressing CTRL+C and CTRL+V
When a Meshroad is selected, several of its options are displayed in the Inspector window
The relevant properties are: