Installation of mods can be done in either manual or automatic mode. This video tutorial explains both methods:
The BeamNG.drive Repository allows for mods to be installed automatically via the in-game mod manager, or via dedicated buttons located on the repository website.
Search for a mod to install. It is possible to filter for a specific category, and also view some statistics such as Ratings and Dates
- To download a mod click the Subscribe button on its page. Once downloaded the mod will be automatically activated and ready to use. Subscribing to a mod allows you to receive automatic updates when the author of the mod makes changes.
Access the web version of the repository: https://www.beamng.com/resources/
- Subscribe: will open the game, subscribe and download the mod
- View ingame: will open the game and display this mod in the in-game repository
- Download Now: will download the mod via your browser. Needs to be installed using the Manual Installation method
Mods can also be downloaded and installed without using the Repository and in-game Mod Manager.
The standard format for mods is ZIP archive. It is not required to extract these archives for the mods to work.
Be wary of mods coming in other formats such as EXE and similar. These formats won’t work ‘as-is’ and they may be hiding malicious software!
Find a mod to download
Be careful when downloading files from third-party websites, this is done at own risk.
Only download from reliable sources!
Download the ZIP file. Do not extract
Open your Userfolder
Create a folder named
mods(if you don’t have one already)
Drag and drop the ZIP file into this folder
The mod should now appear in your Mod Manager (if it does not contain errors)
From here you can Update, Enable/Disable mods, as well as manage individual mods from the list:
Using your new, freshly installed mods is quite easy! Every mod type will appear in their relative selector, for example:
- Level mods will appear in the level selector
- Scenario mods will appear in the scenario selector menu
- Vehicle mods (including configurations mods) will appear in the vehicle selector menu
- Vehicle part mods will appear in the vehicle configuration menu
A mod you installed is nowhere to be found? A few reasons for this to happen are:
- The mod is packed incorrectly: If the author of the mod did not properly pack their mod, the game won’t be able to load it. Ask the author fo correct their mod.
- The mod is outdated and/or broken: Check the date the mod was released, if it’s too old the mod may not be working anymore.
- The mod was installed in the wrong location: Make sure the mod has been installed in the correct way, by following the steps in this page above.
If still in doubt, try asking the author of the mod, or other users who have installed that mod.