If BeamNG.drive directed you here, this means your computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to be run properly. Specifically, your Graphics Card is not compatible, as it doesn’t support DirectX version 11.
There’s various possible solutions you can try:
- Switch to one of the unmaintained DirectX9 or DirectX10 branches that we are specifically providing for these outdated graphic cards
- Upgrade your graphics card so it meets the minimum requirements
- If you recently bought BeamNG.drive, contact the store you bought it from, as you might be able to get a refund from them (Steam, Humble Bundle, etc)
If you are unsure which DirectX versions are supported by your video card, check following the steps:
11_0 (i.e. DirectX 11) is required to run the current version of the game
- Right Click ‘BeamNG.drive’ in your Steam Library
- Select ‘Properties’, and go to the ‘Beta’ tab
- Select the appropriate version for your hardware (see below)
0.4.0.6-dx9 - Last version to support DirectX9 Graphics Cards
0.14.0.5-dx10 - Last version to support DirectX10 Graphics Cards
No access code is required to use these versions, just select them and you are done!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience if you purchased the game but were unable to play it due to the lack of DirectX support! Check the steps below to request a refund from Steam or Humble Bundle, as well the requirements to be eligible for one.
You can request a refund here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966
Eligibility: Purchase must not be older than 30 days.
You can request a refund by contacting us: https://support.beamng.com/
Please specify the email address used in the original order, in case you’re contacting us using a different one.